Monday, April 30, 2007

Go Orange!

click photo to view web album
Queens Day is off the hook! (yo...)

I spent the morning shopping (city turns into a giant flea market because sales permit requirements are temporarily suspended), the afternoon dancing (city also turns into a giant club, with a new DJ around every corner, and quite a few in the boat parade as well), and a lazy hour with my feet dangling over a bridge watching all the boats passing underneath.

I couldn't believe all the great stuff I bought for cheap -- including my entire Queens Day outfit, orange pants, orange t-shirt, and orange high-top sneakers with fur lining (3 Euro or about US $3.50 total, sorry no photo of the complete look!).

It was a fantastic day, especially since my apartment is a block away from a major Q-Day location and I could go back home whenever I needed to drop off purchases or use the loo. But now as I type this, I am looking out the window at some poor guy with his head in his hands, suffering from what is widely known as Amsterdamage.

I feel for you man...

No comments:

Post a Comment