Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Classic Bike Through the Tulip Fields

Leiden to Lisse

If you click on the photo, it will take you to a Picasa web album.

Excellent weather, excellent company! And the biking was brilliant. The bike only had three gears and most of the time, I stayed in 3rd. Never thought someone who loves the mountains as much as I do would see any advantage to all this flatness. Now I understand why you can bike without a helmet, in a skirt and high heels.

And I am starting to collect countries (via new acquaintances) the way my brothers and I used to "collect" states (via license plates) when I was a kid. This group was from Australia, New Zealand, Spain, the UK, Scotland, Italy, Singapore, the Netherlands, Canada, and Germany. There was one other American. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment