Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Uitje




"Uitje" literally means "little out" in Dutch, or in other words, "an outing". Every year the head of our site plans an all-employee team building day. It's always a surprise. In previous years, they drummed, painted, did a scavenger hunt in the center of Amsterdam, and went to a shooting range.

This year, we all piled into a bus and ended up at a charming cottage restaurant in the woods. From there, we biked to the beach and built a bridge made out of bamboo rods and rubber bands. Then we split up into groups to learn how to power kite and compete with each other in sand sculpture building, volleyball, shotputting, and javelin throwing. I don't think this is really a "Dutch" thing. But I just find the photos kind of funny. So these are the sports alternatives I have available to me here in Holland! You know, I could possibly get into the power kiting. Once I've mastered that, I'll only be 4000 US dollars away from a kite boarding kit and the opportunity to injure myself on the water instead of snow.

Oh and I'll go ahead and answer the inevitable question now: sorry to disappoint, but there are no photos are available of me in the blue space suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment